Our client is currently seeking talented Consultants for roles in the Private Client tax team in Cardiff, specifically to work with entrepreneurs, family business owners and high net wealth families. You will have the opportunity to develop your experience and knowledge advising our existing client base but also to help grow our business in the market.
Our client's Private Client tax team is recognised as a market leader in this area and the team is multi-disciplinary, focussed on proactively delivering the very best advice to their clients, with whom they seek to build deep and lasting relationships.
The role will be diverse and stimulating, working with some of the most dynamic and exciting clients across all aspects of personal tax.
Building strong client relationships is at the core of their business and by benefiting from early client exposure and learning from the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved in client meetings and encouraged to contribute or take a prominent role where appropriate.
• Managing a portfolio of high net wealth clients and dealing with all aspects of their tax affairs.
• Management of tax compliance services provided to our clients through our Compliance Centre of Excellence
• Reporting to senior members of the team, including regular interaction with the director/partner group and managing and helping to develop more junior members of the team
• Taking responsibility for client relationships and liaising directly with clients and third parties
To qualify for this role you must have:
• Good understanding of relevant tax legislation, being qualified ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience
• Experience of working with Trustees on their tax position is desirable but not essential
• Highly numerate with keen attention to detail
• Strong communication skills - both written and oral
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong client engagement experience
• Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
• Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
• Drive and spirit to succeed and exceed our clients’ expectations and a positive approach to personal development
• Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
• Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
• Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team